With new international terminal, Da Nang city has become more and more popular as a city for summer holiday. If you have a plan to travel to this area and still get confused about what to do, here is a list of Da Nang Local Tours you should do in Da Nang.
1. Marble mountain and Hoi an trip
With 5 hours of visiting Marble Mountain and Hoian ancient town, it is one of the best way you can visit the famous places in Da Nang city with the cost around 30 usd per person. You can discover the beauty of mountains, caves and wonderful pagoda on Marble Mountains. It is a good timing to start the trip from 15.30 when the noon- hottest time- has already passed. A reliable pair of shoes is highly recommended due to the challenge steps on Marble Mountain.
Then you will enjoy the enchanting town of Hoian in the evening with all splendid and illuminating lanterns.
After enjoying the prepared dinner, we got more time to walk around Hoian night market- paradise for shopping lovers. Please make note that most of stores selling the same items, so you can check the price before making final decision. Then we spend 45 minutes of driving back to our hotel in Da Nang.
- Reasonable price
- Stay away from sun shine and humidity
- Well-organized tour with friendly tour guide
- Quite tight schedule, if they can make it 1 hour more, it will be more relaxing.
- Most of the historical places in Hoian closed before 17.30, so you mainly just enjoy the beauty of the city itself.
- Language ability of the tour guide is average.
If you are in love with cooking, and want to learn the traditional way of cooking foods in Vietnam, so why don’t you join in a cooking class. There are many selections in Da Nang, but special thank to suggestion from Vivian, our friend, we make a wonderful time with Jolie Da nang cooking class. Being escorted by Ms Ha, one of the best English speaking tour guides during my trip in Vietnam with her great sense of humor, we learned a lot when we purchased ingredients in the local market and learned about so many different vegetables and herbs that I only know from my cook book. We also learned how local farmer grow vegetables, especially in the city. Incredible!
After that, we learned how to cook 4 courses with the detailed guidance of Ms Jolie. You should be careful with the flying pancakes.
- Well organized tour with good schedule
- Great English speaking guide
- Good amount of food.
- Clear instruction to help you cook Vietnamese dishes
- Not big enough for a big group of tourists (as 20 people), but this is a great family cooking class.
3. Cham Island day tour
If you dream of white sandy beaches, cool and blue water, benches under the shade of coconut where you can lay down and relax, so Cham Island is a place that you belong to.
It is located 16 km from the shore of Hoian city, and it takes 10 minutes to go there by speed boat. Remember to bring a copy of your passport or at least remember your passport information in case you are well checked by local officers. After arriving to this island, you will walk around to visit local seafood market, a famous old pagoda and a mysterious well that always full of fresh water. You should note that they do not allow you to bring plastic bag to this island. Then you will be transfered to the area where you can try to do the snorkeling and swimming.
Enjoy a seafood feast for lunch and then you will have more free time to relax on the beautiful beaches, or get back to the wonderful water.
They also have some extra services such as banana boat, jet skiing and sea trek. You can ask your tour guide if you like these activities.
After 14.00, you will be gathered to get back to speed boat, back to Cua Dai port and then spend 45 minutes of driving back to your hotel.
- Nice beach with clean water, soft and white sand.
- Clean environment, not disturbed by local vendors near the beach.
- Nice lunch
- Depending on weather condition, if it gets afternoon thunderstorm, you need to finish the tour earlier than the schedule.
- Guide’s English skill is average
- Beach sometimes is quite crowded with many people
4. Hue premier day tour
Travel to Hue to visit its famous imperial city and mausoleum seems not easy due to the distance – 100km far from Da Nang. So if you want to go there and back within 1 day, you will spend at least 5.5 to 6 hours just for transportation. So travelling by a comfortable vehicle is extremely important. We spent 60 usd each person with the guarantee that it is a small and comfortable vehicle with a small group. They also have Hai van pass, Langco lagoon and Dragon boat ride on Perfume River which are not always included in other tour to Hue.
We visited the Imperial city with a great English speaking guide, Ms Katie, with amazing English and wonderful knowledge about Vietnam history. Then we also come to the one of the oldest pagodas in Hue – Heaven lady pagoda before getting on the river cruise. Last but not least, we visited Khai Dinh mausoleum with a nice blending architecture between Asian and European.
We spent 3 hours of driving back to Da Nang city and arrived to our hotel around 19.00. So it was a very long day trip- 11 hours but it was definitely worth it. Thank you Katie for making our day.
- Small group with comfortable car
- Fluent English speaking guide
- Nice food, good itinerary
- They better inform us about casual clothes required in some solemn place
- They should have more water for our trip, 500ml is not enough for 1 long day trip. Chilled water is even more appreciated.
6. Banahills mountain resort.
If you get stunned by the viral shot of golden bridge in Banahills, so this is the top priority in your list.
There are many local tour companies offering the day tour to Banahills from 8.00 to 16.00. We enjoyed a very nice ride on the cable car with spectacular view of mountain, forest and nature. Then we walked on the legendary golden bridge with many people around. The temperature here was much cooler than the ambient temperature in Da Nang city, so you better bring a scarf or a light jacket and sun cream.
They are celebrating Tulip flower festival with more than 1 million tulip flowers on their scenery gardens. There are so many great places for people who love posing photos.
Then we also visited a giant statue of Sakyamuni Buddha, Linh Ung pagoda and then get back to the funicular train to go down, then switched to other cable car route to go to European village, enjoyed the amusement park, buffet restaurant and other buildings.
- Beautiful place with many sightseeing spots
- Nice temperature
- Wonderful cable car ride.
- Good balance between visiting and playing.
- Very crowded in some places
- Tour duration is average, if you love to play, time is quite short.
- Big group tour.
- Average English speaking guide.